You’re probably already familiar with our (potentially) award-winning writing and reporting, but there’s more that goes into making Oxford Karma a successful business than simply ragging on stuff you hate. Paramount to this is advertising, the lifeblood of any greedy, clickbait-addled … I mean thorough, thought-provoking beacon of journalistic integrity on the internet. If you fancy yourself a modern-day Don Draper, listen up.
We here at Oxford Karma are seeking advertising sales executives to join our growing team in Oklahoma City. The ideal candidate will be confident, outgoing, self-starting, and have a penchant for schmoozing with clients — the opposite of a writer, basically. He or she will assist our publishers in researching businesses, fine-tuning sales pitches, preparing marketing materials and, ultimately, generating new revenue streams. Other than that, all you really need is a car — with insurance — and a GPS/map/road atlas so you know where you’re going.
Those looking to get their foot in the door with a growing, web-centric, super fun media organization are urged to apply.
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
– Research local businesses and identify their target demographics and market objectives
– Develop effective sales pitches tailored to each individual client
– Compile and prepare marketing materials for presentation
– Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective advertisers
– Familiarity with Oklahoma businesses, particularly those in the Oklahoma City metro
– Exceptional interpersonal skills and command of the English language
– Self-starter with a go-getter attitude
– Reliable transportation to the Oklahoma City metro area for at least 15-20 hours/week
– Strong social media presence
– Highly organized and comfortable multitasking
– WordPress experience a plus
– Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
– Google Analytics experience a plus
Apply: To apply, submit your résumé to email@example.com. This is a commission-based position.